Categories

Monday 21 November 2011

The Inaugural Blog

'To blog or not to blog?' that was the question.
Although I may have nothing interesting to say, for my sanity and the sake of my family's I think this is probably the best option, as no-one can here me scream here on the farm.

Today sees me on the first day of harvest. And so it begins. 6 weeks of cooking for any number of men (could be 1, could be 10), not seeing my husband, and being a single parent. On this topic is my first list:

QUESTIONS NOT TO ASK YOUR HUSBAND DURING HARVEST
  1. How many people need tea tonight? (it will change, oh yes, it will change)
  2. Can you look after the kids for an hour? (pfft)
  3. Can you fix the broken air-conditioner? ('It's only 40degrees!')
  4. What do I do with this snake on the back step? ('Get shovel and deal with it')
  5. Can we have a pet dog? (What is a pet dog? followed by 'No.')
So, good luck to all the brave harvest wives and just remember- it will end.
Now off to peel yabbies for yabby pizza tonight. Recipe will follow.


Little G in canola while it was still flowering


2 comments:

  1. Love it Oli!
    Welcome to this fun world of blogging!
    xx Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw the link to your new blog from The Home She Made on facebook, and followed it and here I am :) Look forward to reading more (especially the yabby pizza recipe!).

    ReplyDelete